Samsung Galaxy Note 7 reported yet another explosion and this time the loss is not only to the phone, the user has be fined with a bill of $1,800 AUD ($1,383 USD) worth of damages in a hotel room where he was staying.
This time it happened with an Australian who was on a business trip landed up in the hotel, the event occur when he was asleep and the phone was left charged near him with the original charger received with Samsung Galaxy Note 7. He posted the entire saga on Reddit, under the alias Crushader.
“My brand new Note 7 exploded this morning while I was still asleep, it was plugged in and charging. Phone completely fried, I can’t eject the sim tray to retrieved my sim or the SD card. I was using original charger and cable if you are wondering. Charred the hotel room bed sheet and the carpet when I whacked it down to the floor, burnt one of my finger while doing that too. This is unfortunate as I am on a business trip in Perth and Brisbane (I’m from Melb), have managed to contact Samsung and they have opened a case for me and will get me a loan device here at one of their Samsung store in Perth.They told me this is the first case in Australia.I have gone to Samsung store and they gave me a loan device J1, and have been promised that they will take care of the hotel damages bill.I have contacted a few Android blogs and some local news outlet but nothing has come back yet.Please do not use the phone anymore, it is dangerous and not worth the risk. I knew of the recall and lodged my application with Samsung as soon as they announced officially on Friday, and now 3 days later it has happened to me.”
If this post in reddit is true, the situation is bit scary and dangerous for all those who are still using Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
Follow us on Twitter: Follow@FlashTechLoud