Are you one of them who is planning to buy 4G phone just to avail the benefits of Reliance JIO offer? Are you one of them who is not able to use Jio 4G sim coz of your 3G compatible handset. Sit back and relax as today we are sharing this trick that will make the 4G-enabled Reliance Jio SIM work on your 3G phone.
Here are the steps to use 4G-enabled Reliance Jio SIM work on 3G phone.
Note: Trick to work you should have either of the following in 3G phone- Android 4.4kitkat or Mediatech chipset.
For Mediatek chipset devices.
- First, download and install the MTK Engineering Mode app on your phone from this link.
- This app will let you run an advanced Setup from the MTK phone’s Engineering Mode Menu. This is also known as Service Mode.
- Open the installed app or enter the mobile specific code for Engineering Mode.
- Tap on the MTK Settings and Select Preferred Network Option. Then, you need to choose the network mode from 4G LTE, WCDMA or GSM.
- You can save it and restart your phone.
For Snapdragon chipset Devices
- Install the app & Open It.
- Click on Menu (vertical Three Dots on top right side)
- Now Go To Menu then Search for “Service Menu” Or ” Engineering Mode “
- Then Select “System App” Option For Deep Search. If Found then open it and access to change LTE Bands If that doesn’t work,
- Once You Got the Engineering Mode , Open It and Select Change LTE Bands.
- If the above Doesn’t Work Then Dial *#2263# then Select Menu And Click Back Again Then Select Menu.
- Then Go To Key Input And Enter “0000” without quotes, Then Wait For Couple Of Seconds ,after that You Will Get Popup.
- Select UE Settings From that Popup, after that Select setting > protocol > NAS > Network Control > Band Selection > LTE Band > The Select “Band 40”.
- That’s it. Now you can Insert Jio Sim & Check Whether You Are Getting Signals Or Not.
- Restart the Device and Place it in First Sim Slot
Recommended for you: