Tuesday 25th Oct, 2016 Xiaomi announced its launch of 2 device, including the Mi Note 2 and the super awesome Mi MIX. Xiaomi actually plans to start the sale of Mi MIX by beginning of November 4.
Xiaomi mentioned it’s effort to make the massive screen of Mi MIX a reality other specialty of the phone is that it adopts an ultrasonic proximity sensor.
Other major change is that Xiaomi Mi MIX has removed the standard earpiece sensor and paired it with special components under the hood that allow phone’s metal frame to create audio.
The front camera is half the size and has been moved to the bottom of the phone instead of the top.
As far as specs go, here is Xiaomi’s official list:
- 4” edgeless display: Ultra-high 91.3% screen-to-body ratio—highest on any smartphone to date
- Full ceramic body: Ceramic back cover, frame, and side buttons, 8 MoHs hardness. Seamless connectors fuse Mi MIX’s body without any external adhesives
- Cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology replaces the traditional earpiece speaker, allowing you to listen to calls without the earpiece
- Ultrasonic proximity sensor hidden behind the display, replaces traditional infrared proc sensor
- Custom 17:9 display, large 16:9 viewing area even with soft keys
- Soft keys with auto-hide Quick Ball allow easy navigation and reachability while keeping Mi MIX sleek and minimalist
- Compact front camera, 50% smaller than traditional camera modules, imperceptibly located along Mi MIX’s “chin”
- Custom round-edged display allowed us to create a more immersive, edgeless viewing experience
- Snapdragon 821 at 2.35GHz
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM + 128GB UFS 2.0 storage; 6GB + 256GB (Mi Mix 18k)
- 4400mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
- Full NFC Functionality: Read, write, card emulation, P2P, Mi Pay ready
- HD audio quality, 192kHz / 24-bit resolution
- GPS high-precision positioning
- 16MP PDAF rear camera
- MIUI 8
The Mi MIX will be on sale in China on early November 4th. The phone base model will be sold at 3,499 yuan (around $516), while the top-end model with 18-karat gold rims around the main camera and fingerprint reader — is valued for sale at 3,999 yuan, around $590.